Sourcing Manager - Network Engineering
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Sourcing Manager will support the development, implementation and management of APAC strategies to provide the Facebook production network with best in class transport pricing, optimal flexibility & scalability, and unmatched delivery and availability performance along with optimised operation and maintenance arrangements. Working with the regionally based and remote teams, the Sourcing Manager will negotiate contracts and pricing with an overall focus on maintaining long term partner relationships and managing total costs of ownership to a minimum.
This position reports to the Manager, Network Sourcing and is based in our Hong Kong office.
- Partnership Development: Recommending regional carrier partnership strategies for establishing long term relationships with key vendors and peers. Identifying appropriate partners for projects.
- Network Development: Taking network development plans and working with the team to determine the best way to implement such plans through lease, buy, build analysis.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions. Lead the business negotiation process with internal and external partners and suppliers. Own closure on contracts.
- Network Optimisation: Work with the team to enhance the network's fitness for purpose through key asset acquisitions or builds.
- Work with internal teams to ensure seamless arrangements are put in place for network management.
- New project development: Initiate and manage new build projects where appropriate.
- O&M management: - optimize O&M as part of the technical and commercial negotiations as well as develop strategies for long term optimisation of O&M costs.
- BA/BSc or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- At least 6 years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain experience.
- Management experience in network related products and services.
- Willing to travel and work within the APAC region and undertake short-term business trips and medium term assignments to US and Europe as required.
- Knowledge of purchasing, and supply chain processes with particular regard to network, capacity and cable systems.
- Analytical and results focused.
- Business and technical knowledge of networks, their operation and associated performance and cost models.
- Experience in submarine cable would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable expertise in strategic planning.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top