Sourcing Manager, Network Development
(Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - Denver, CO)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Sourcing Manager, Network Development is responsible for identifying, contracting, and managing greenfield fiber deployments. Activities will include identifying industry partners, creating and negotiating partnership business models, developing project budgets, and preparing business cases to execute on a final direction. In this role, you will collaborate with planning for full network planning solutions, legal, and finance.
- Create and negotiate RFI/RFP proposals for new fiber infrastructure.
- Identify existing complimentary infrastructure opportunities.
- Build and engage new suppliers/partners to further new fiber deployment throughout North America.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop long-term infrastructure build plans considering construction timelines, ROW feasibility, and budget needs.
- Works closely with finance, to develop business plans, budgets, and forecasts.
- Analyze build options.
- Generates clear and objective analysis recommendations for management review and approval.
- Manages ROW and permit acquisition process in conjunction with an aggressive deployment schedule of design and construction.
- Willing to travel within North America.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business-related field with at least 7 years of related experience.
- At least 5 years of long-haul business development or route development experience.
- Knowledge of construction options and fiber build materials.
- Experience preparing and presenting quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of various sourcing alternatives.
- Experience in procurement of new route construction services.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top