Sourcing Manager, Infrastructure Services
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Facebook Infrastructure Sourcing team is seeking a Sourcing Manager to drive services sourcing and procurement for Facebook’s data centers and points of presence globally. This role spans a variety of third-party support for critical data center services and equipment deployments, such as data eradication, server technician support, global logistics and more. The candidate would be responsible for the management of a wide array of suppliers, from spend analytics to sourcing strategy, RFx, contract negotiations, performance management and supply base rationalization. From high-level strategy to tactical day-to-day work, the Sourcing Manager will operate across all levels of the organization, partnering with various teams internally to help our data centers run more efficiently. As such, we’re seeking someone with excellent communication and leadership skills to own this space and act as the primary interface for all external vendors, suppliers and partners. This position reports to the Manager, Infrastructure Services and is based at our Facebook headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate all efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology roadmap: Partner with stakeholders to fully understand business roadmaps and develop a supplier strategy.
- RFx services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing and purchase decision.
- Competitive benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criteria and provide relevant data back to internal Facebook team.
- Cost modeling: Partner with internal service and material requestors to ensure best-in-class pricing is secured. Drive continual improvement of cost productivity.
- Risk management: Identify areas of risk and drive mitigation with subject matter experts within the organization.
- Contract strategy and execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own contract closure. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- SLA performance: Continuously measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Preferred supplier management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers should be on a preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide business to PSL.
- On-time delivery: Measure, report and action to improve service and delivery performance.
- Ongoing cost productivity: Measure, report and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Scorecard management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance (cost, quality and delivery).
- Day-to-day operational management: Assist the operations team in assuring high performance of all service delivery, at high quality and solid value.
- Project leadership: Identify and lead projects to establish policies, drive process efficiency and automate workflows.
- BA/BS in a business related field or with 5+ years of relevant experience negotiating contracts and managing suppliers. In lieu of degree, 9+ years relevant experience negotiating contracts and managing suppliers.
- 3+ years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in related products and services.
- Experience in managing vendor performance against contracts and driving supplier quality improvements.
- Knowledge of purchasing, negotiating and end-to-end supplier management.
- Analytical and results focused.
- Willing to travel up to 10% as needed.
- Experience managing service vendors in an critical operational environment.
- Direct experience with business process outsourcing (BPO), Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and/or data centers.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with international procurement.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top