Sourcing Manager, Infra Connectivity Programs
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Infra Connectivity Programs Sourcing Manager will act as the primary contact for product and services sourcing within the Facebook supply base while developing new sources of supply as required. Sourcing activities will include, but not be limited to, identification of product and service availability and options, developing and setting a negotiation and sourcing strategy, partnering with engineering to develop a business and technology roadmap for Facebook's connectivity goals and objectives while driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis. Working closely with a broad cross-functional team, a successful candidate will lead the commercial engagement from prototype to product development and support field trials, with particular emphasis in the areas of sourcing for advanced technologies, joint development, IP and licensing, and contracts negotiation to enable Facebook to meet development and production timelines. Technologies will be centered on any of the following areas: space and airborne communication systems; terrestrial and telecommunication systems; including hardware, software and services.This position reports to the Director of Emerging Tech and is based at our Menlo Park office.
- Drive stakeholder engagement
- Early proactive engagement in R&D and Product
- Endorse Business ideas, Sourcing strategies & Preferred Suppler List
- Develop contract negotiation approach, acceptable Ts & Cs and fallback positions, to close contract
- Lead all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Handle and organize sourcing assignments in order to achieve target fulfillment
- Secure future technical needs through sourcing strategy alignment
- Act as a liaison to Facebook legal and finance
- BA/BS or in technical or business-related field with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Commercial and technical knowledge of communication systems and antenna design in orbital, aerial and/or terrestrial systems, their operation and associated performance and cost models.
- Understanding of software system components and hardware development processes, interfacing with internal and external partners.
- 10+ years of experience of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in applicable technology sourcing roles (individual contributor or management acceptable).
- Experience coordinating and providing contract and negotiation-related support to business units.
- Analytical and results focused.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top