Sourcing Manager, Facilities Operations
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
The Facebook Data Center Sourcing team is seeking a seasoned Sourcing Manager to drive facilities services, maintenance, and commodity procurement for our EMEA data centers. This role includes management of associated suppliers, sourcing strategy, contract negotiations, schedule adherence and cost management for Data Center Facilities Operations. From high-level strategy to tactical day-to-day work, the Sourcing Manager will operate across all levels of the organization, partnering with various teams internally to help our data centers run more efficiently. As such, we’re seeking someone with excellent communication and leadership skills to own this space and act as the primary interface for all external vendors, suppliers and partners. This position reports to the Director, Data Center Sourcing & Shared Services and is based at our Facebook Dublin, Ireland office.
- Contract strategy and execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own contract closure. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- RFx services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing and purchase decision.
- SLA performance: Continuously measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Competitive benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data back to internal Facebook team.
- Cost modeling: Partner with internal service and material requestors to ensure best-in-class pricing is secured. Drive continual improvement of cost productivity.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate all efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology roadmap: Partner to coordinate suppliers and review supplier technology and services roadmaps.
- Preferred supplier management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers should be on a preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide business to PSL.
- On-time delivery: Measure, report and action to improve service and delivery performance.
- Ongoing cost productivity: Measure, report and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Scorecard management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance (cost, quality and delivery).
- Day-to-day operational management of all delivery, cost, quality and overall performance-related issues with suppliers.
- BA/BS in technical or business related field with 10+ years of relevant work experience in supply chain.
- 5+ years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in related products and services.
- 5+ years’ experience in negotiating cost, managing vendor performance against contract and driving supplier quality improvements.
- Knowledge of purchasing, negotiating and end-to-end supplier management. Must be analytical and results focused.
- Willing to travel as needed.
- Prior experience in networking, cloud industry or related field.
- Prior experience managing service vendors in an operational environment.
- Prior leadership or management experience.
- Business knowledge of facility operations, infrastructure as a service, and/or data centers.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top