(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.The Sourcing Manager is responsible for the procurement of domestic and international long haul network services and assets for Facebook's global backbone network within EMEA. Sourcing activities will include identification of supply in the market, setting sourcing strategies for new assets, generating requirement documents, and evaluation criteria, working with Backbone Planning and Engineering teams to develop technical specifications and conducting due diligence. Sourcing activities will cover the EMEA region. The Sourcing Manager will develop business case analysis for new investments, and lead negotiations of commercial terms as well as work with legal and finance departments for timely execution of supplier contracts. This position reports to the Manager of Backbone Sourcing for the Region and is based in London.
- Manages a portfolio of supplier contracts in the assigned geographic region. Including executing new capacity orders, changes, decommissions
- Manages the performance of the contracts, tracking and ensuring compliance of suppliers within the terms and conditions of the contract. Renegotiates contract terms as needed.
- Keeps abreast of the telecom wholesale market technological and commercial developments.
- Engages new suppliers as needed. Negotiates commercial terms and works with the legal team for timely executions of contracts.
- Keeps track of price trends and benchmarks of the market.
- Works closely with engineering and planning teams to generate RFP/RFQ and requirements documents.
- Works closely with finance, to develop budgets and forecasts.
- Works closely with accounts payable for accurate processing of supplier invoices.
- Analyses supplier offers. Generates clear and objective analysis and recommendations for management review and approval.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business-related field with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- At least 3 years of Sourcing Management or Carrier Relations experience in Network related products and services.
- Willing to travel within Europe.
- Business and technical knowledge of networking, particularly in transport, optical and fiber technologies.
- Must be able to prepare and present quantitative and qualitative comparative analysis of various sourcing alternatives
- Prior work experience in procurement or sale of dark fiber, or lit capacity services is required.Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply:
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Pension Benefits
- Life Assurance
- Childcare Benefits
- Gym Benefits
- Transport benefits
- Laundry Benefit Posted: 1st August 2017 Closing date: 30th August 2017
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top