Sourcing Manager, Edge
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook operates one of the largest and fastest growing Content Delivery Networks in the world. The Edge Network team is responsible for egress capacity for all products, including Facebook Newsfeed, Live, Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus, and more.
The Sourcing Manager will act as the primary contact for product and services sourcing with the Facebook supply base. Sourcing activities will include but not be limited to identification of product and service availability and options, developing and setting a negotiation and sourcing strategy, partnering with Facebook Network Engineering to develop a business and technology roadmap for the Facebook Content Delivery Network and driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis.
The Sourcing Manager will lead and support the development, implementation and management of global strategies to provide the Facebook production network with best in class cost, optimal flexibility, and unmatched delivery and availability performance.
Working closely with the Network Engineering Team, the Sourcing Manager will communicate and implement strategies, contracts and pricing with an overall focus on maintaining long term partner relationships and managing total costs of ownership to a minimum. This position is full time and based in our headquarters in Menlo Park and will report directly to the Director of Edge Network and CDN.
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the business negotiation process with internal partners and supplier. Own closure on contract. Develop negotiation approach, fallback positions, acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- RFx Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RFx results to evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision.
- SLA Performance: Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA.
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RFx efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data back to internal FB team.
- Cost Modeling: Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data which feeds into TCO and RFx. Drive continual improvement of productivity.
- Supplier survey, audit and qualification: Lead and coordinate all efforts to survey, audit, assess and qualify new suppliers.
- Technology Roadmap: Partner with Facebook Network Engineering to coordinate suppliers and review supplier technology and services roadmaps.
- Preferred Supplier Management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are FB’s preferred supplier list. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide business to PSL.
- On time Delivery: Measure, report and action to improve delivery performance.
- Ongoing Cost Productivity: Measure, report and action cost productivity as a function of market pricing.
- Scorecard Management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root causing issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field with at least 10 years of relevant experience in the sourcing or supply chain management field.
- At least 7 years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in Network related products and services.
- Willing to travel and work across various time zones.
- Prior leadership or management experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing, and supply chain processes. Must be analytical and results focused.
- Business and technical knowledge of Content Delivery Networks, Colocation and IP Services, their operation and associated performance and cost models.
- Understanding of internet infrastructure fundamentals related to peering and content delivery networks
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top