Sourcing Manager, DRAM
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
The Sourcing Manager for DRAM Memory will act as the primary commercial contact for products and services sourcing within the Facebook supply base while improving cost, sources of supply and overall supply chain performance. Sourcing activities will include, but not be limited to, assurance of supply, cost performance, identification of product and service availability and options, developing and leading negotiation and sourcing strategies, partnering with Facebook project, engineering and technology teams to develop a business and technology roadmap in support of Facebook's infrastructure goals and objectives, and driving strategic sourcing decisions on a global basis. Working closely with the Engineering Teams, the DRAM Memory Sourcing Manager will lead the commercial engagement, and prototype sourcing and development, in support of new product development, introduction and deployment of selected solutions and technologies. The DRAM Memory Sourcing Manager will own supplier management with particular emphasis in the areas of sourcing for advanced technologies, contracts, negotiation, joint development models, IP and licensing, and the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies that enable Facebook to meet time-to-development/time-to-production goals, while managing the total landed cost. This position reports to the Manager of Strategic Silicon Sourcing as part of the Sourcing and Operations Engineering team and is based at our Menlo Park office.
- Assurance of supply at better than market pricing
- Contract Strategy and Execution: Lead the contract negotiation process with internal partners and suppliers. Own closure on contract. Develop negotiation strategy and approach, fallback positions, and acceptable terms and conditions through to closure.
- RF-x Services: Own and lead the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ activities. Partner with appropriate internal stakeholders. Present RF-x results and bid leveling, and lead the evaluation process of bid award with evaluation team and drive the closure of a sourcing decision. Officially close the process with all recognized bidders.
- SLA Performance: Measure, manage and improve supplier actual performance against negotiated service level agreements (SLA).
- Competitive Benchmarking: Identify key benchmark suppliers in RF-x efforts. Partner to identify evaluation criterion and provide relevant data and recommendations back to internal Facebook team.
- Cost Modeling: Own and provide market and actual unit and total cost data which feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) models. Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance costs. Measure, report and action cost improvement as compared to market pricing.
- Supplier development and management: Manage the overall supplier relationship and lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in all areas.
- Preferred Supplier Management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are Facebook preferred suppliers. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment. Guide sourcing decisions and engagement to the preferred suppliers.
- Scorecard Management: Lead measuring supplier performance, root cause issues, and driving improved performance. Own all aspects of supplier performance.
- Supply Chain Model: Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products.
- BA/BS or equivalent in technical or business related field
- 10+ years' experience of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in commercial sourcing roles with particular experience in silicon and market-based commodity products (individual contributor or management acceptable).
- Analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to influence and guide teams to deliver results.
- Demonstrated results of improving supply chain and supplier performance, including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures in the semiconductor/memory commodity.
- Experience in contracts and contract negotiations, and contract strategy development and execution, with particular emphasis on agreement in the memory commodity space.
- Experience working and demonstrated ability to influence at the executive level.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top