Sourcing Manager, Data Center Construction
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
This role works closely with the Infra Data Center Business Partner, SOE Category Managers, MQE, and TPM as the primary point of contact to align sourcing and procurement strategies with project requirements. The right candidate will own and conduct RFI/RFQ's, partnering with procurement operations, interface with suppliers on build and delivery requirements, and support accuracy against specification and quality requirements. This is a very exciting and challenging hands on role! If you like fast-paced, complex and ambiguous environments, owning your future, strategic planning, and making a real difference to the business, then this role is for you!
- Partner with Business to own scope, schedule, and deliverable management of procurement for medium/large-scale data center projects
- Ownership of Project RFI/RFQ's
- Lead and drive scope negotiations and commercial terms specific to project requirements
- Partner with Category Managers to ensure alignment of Equipment BOM's, and or Services to AVL and supplier strategy
- Establish schedules & milestones, and determine the activities necessary to meet clear project goals
- Conduct supply chain risk assessment for lead-time, flexibility and cost to meet schedule
- Communicate and resolve any adverse impacts to project cost and schedule
- Drive accuracy against specification and quality requirements.
- BA/BS in Supply Chain, or a business or tech degree with supply chain focus or equivalent / similar
- At least 5 years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain management experience in related products and services.
- Business experience with Construction procurement required.
- Must have experience in negotiating cost, managing supplier performance and supplier quality.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations related to commodities, equipment and services and end-to-end supplier management.
- Understanding of project scope requirements to ensure alignment with sourcing strategy
- Understanding of purchasing principles and practices, ownership of RFI/RFQ's, materials requirements planning, commercial terms
- Understanding of purchasing principles and practices
- Knowledge of IDC Supply chain business models, materials management, cost modeling, supply chain design, reverse logistics.
- Willing to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
- Prior leadership or management experience
- Knowledge of Services, Equipment, and Commodities in Data Center space
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top