Sourcing Manager, Commercial
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
This sourcing manager position will act as the primary operational support for the Technologies and Components(TnC) team. As a sourcing manager, you will work closely with internal stakeholders, suppliers in support of the day to day TnC operations and fulfillment activities. Key will be identifying and resolving component operational issues and escalations, and driving long term corrective actions. You also will be responsible for driving process development, analytics, performance management, and reporting for the cost variance management process across the TnC team. This position is part of the Technologies and Components team and is based at our Menlo Park office.
- Diagnose and drive to closure TnC component escalation issues.
- Working closely the commodity owners, suppliers and ODMs to root cause issues, drive to resolution and implement long term corrective action.
- Monitor supplier regional replenishment process execution and compliance to the SLA agreement.
- Identify and root cause issues.
- Work with commodity owners and suppliers to implement corrective actions.
- Working collaboratively with finance, accounting and IT teams, develop (automate) and execute industry leading reconciliation processes for cost variance management that meet the financial requirements of the business.
- Working with the planning team, develop and execute a forecast process that the TnC team can utilized to optimally drive the business with our suppliers.
- Look at automating the process with the overall goal of repeatability and accuracy.
- Supplier Scorecard Management: Lead engagement with IT on issue resolution and process/tool enhancements.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent years of industry experience in a technical or business related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management with a technology focus.
- Experience with material planning and MRP tools/systems.
- Experience working in an analytical and results focused role.
- Must have experience in procurement reconciliation, supply chain and supplier performance management processes.
- Previous experience working with and managing supplier issues and escalations.
- Experience in MS Excel
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top