Sourcing Manager, Category (Electrical)
- Fremont, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
As a Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for managing the commercial relationships with Facebook's Data Center equipment suppliers. In this role, you will be responsible for the end-to-end sourcing of critical infrastructure (Air Handing & Cooling Technology) and ensuring strategic alignment with Facebook's technology direction and growth objectives. This position requires a strong technical acumen, proven accomplishments with cross-functional teamwork and superior negotiation skills.
- Analyze the overall supply chain to identify risk and drive resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-times.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to develop and implement strategic sourcing strategies in support of the long-range plans.
- Own the interface to and lead engagement with suppliers and cross functional partners for all RFX activities.
- Develop negotiation strategy and approach, acceptable terms and conditions and lead the Facebook negotiation through to closure.
- Drive continuous supplier improvement in purchase price and total cost, including supply chain performance cost.
- Manage the overall supplier relationship, lead and coordinate efforts to drive supplier performance improvement in all areas.
- Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented.
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business or Supply Chain Management or equivalent years of supply chain experience.
- 6+ years of Sourcing Management or Supply Chain Management experience in commercial sourcing roles with particular experience in Data Center/Owner Furnished Equipment/Customized Industrial Equipment or equivalent.
- Experience in drafting contracts, contract negotiations, contract strategy development and execution.
- Experience in influencing stakeholders and business partners.
- Experience in improving supply chain and supplier performance including the use of cost models and objective based performance measures.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree.
- Experience with Hyperscale Data Center deployments.
- Experience with Electrical Owner Furnished Contractor Installed (OFCI) Equipment.
Back to top