Sourcing Manager, CapEx Labs
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Oculus Research, we're developing the future of virtual (VR) and augmented reality (AR). The Sourcing Manager will act as the primary contact for product and services sourcing within the Facebook Research Labs (FRL) supply base. Sourced technologies and services will involve a range of lab equipment including but not limited to: Graphics, Optics, Polymer, and Audio. The Sourcing Manager will work closely with Technical Project Managers, engineering and related teams and responsible for leading the commercial engagement with OEMs, system integrators and others for deployment and support of lab equipment.
The role requires experience in the Semiconductor arena and the development of global commodity and supply chain strategies. This Sourcing Manager will enable Facebook to meet time-to-development/time-to-production goals, while managing total cost of ownership to a minimum. This position reports to the Manager, Facebook Technology Sourcing and is based at our Redmond, Washington office.
- Sourcing activities will include, but not be limited to: Partnering with stakeholders to understand FRL objectives and supplier requirements, analyzing spend for the FRL spend, identifying product and service availability and options, develop a category sourcing plan, negotiate & contract drafting, managing supplier quality and performance to contract and driving efficiency/productivity
- Cost Modeling: Own and provide industry and actual unit and service cost data that feeds into total cost of ownership (TCO) and RFx, and continual improvement of supplier productivity
- Technology Roadmap: Partner internally to conduct regular technology roadmap review meetings to ensure alignment between suppliers and Facebook needs
- Competitive Benchmarking: Partner internally to identify supplier evaluation criteria and provide recommendations, and identify key benchmark suppliers through industry-standard means
- RFx Services: Partner internally to develop clear third-party requirements to solve specific business and engineering needs, then own and drive to closure the supplier interface for all RFI, RFP and RFQ services
- Contract Strategy and Execution: In partnership with Facebook Legal and business partners, drive contract closure, including developing a negotiation approach, fallback positions, and acceptable terms, and prepare legally binding and enforceable documents
- Preferred Supplier Management: Identify, qualify and formalize which suppliers are Facebook preferred suppliers, and guide sourcing decisions and engagement to them
- Productivity Management: Measure, report and action supplier and internal administrative productivity, and identify and drive supply chain automation opportunities
- Supplier Performance Management: Identify measurement criteria and ensure supplier contractual adherence, research root cause of issues, and own/drive improved performance
- Supply Chain Model: Ensure appropriate levels of strategy, definition and development to the supply chain (physical, financial and information flows) in the areas of design, source, make and deliver have been implemented to support released products
- BA/BS or higher in technical or business-related field of study
- 7+ years of experience in Sourcing or Supply Chain Management
- Experience with contract negotiations and drafting
- Track record of internal stakeholder management
- Knowledge of software system components and hardware development processes
- Experience with proven methods to manage quality supplier delivery and performance management
- Experience managing high-tech OEMs, contract manufacturers and/or system integrators
- Knowledge of international logistics
- Experience with communication and being analytical and results-focused
- Understanding of Semiconductor fabrication and or Optical capital sourcing
- Experience with identifying and driving synergies and optimization across the various FRL labs
- Experience with large capital expenditure projects that vary in requirements
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top