Sound Designer, Interaction Sound
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Interaction Sound Designer. Candidates must have a history of creating iconic sonic experiences, similar in caliber to Facebook and Messenger. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with a proven ability to break new ground. Candidates must have a core understanding of Interaction Sound design, how it impacts people and their experiences, and a passion for pushing the boundaries of sonic experiences. You will be involved in all aspects of the sound design process, from concept to interaction and refinement, to preparing and implementing assets, to testing performance and approving designs for public release. Candidates must be able to work autonomously as well as collaborate closely with team members and product groups while leading complex projects through to completion. Strong communication skills are essential to this creative role.
- Create unique, memorable, and landmark sound designs for our one-billion+ users.
- Use your proven understanding of interaction sound design to define and distill broad concepts into actionable tasks and points of interest.
- Lead sound design projects from concept to implementation to completion.
- Act as a source of truth for all things sound including design, design standards, best practices and implementation guidelines.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Collaborate independently with on-campus and international team members and product groups.
- 2+ years creating sonic experiences for high-profile products in mobile and desktop environments.
- Experience with pro tools and other digital audio workstations.
- Understanding of Interaction Sound Design and its effects on people.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Interaction Sound Design portfolio demonstrating design in shipped products.
- The ability to think about product strategy and vision.
- Able to organize and analyze feedback and information and distill them down to actionable items.
- Ability to lead independently with team members and cross-functional product groups.
- Understanding of programming and technical paradigms.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top