(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced sound designer and implementation expert to join our existing team of sound designers at Facebook. Candidates must have a passion for sound, and a demonstrated history of innovative sound design. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with the drive to break new ground. Candidates must have the ability to collaborate closely with other team members and product teams, so very strong communication skills are required. Experience shipping world class products with unique, functional and emotive sound is also required.
- Design and implement custom sound for various products and initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with existing team members to create unique sonic experiences using sound and music.
- Drive projects from inception to completion with little oversight.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment and collaborate with teams in other offices.
- 6+ years of professional sound design and sound implementation experience.
- Experience with game engines and audio middleware (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Wwise, FMOD, or similar proprietary systems).
- Experience in sound and music production and demonstrated ability to ship quality products.
- Experience with studio and field recording.
- Sound design portfolio.
- Communication skills and attention to detail.
- Organizational and analytical skills.
- Understanding of music theory.
- Experience developing positional audio for VR.
- Experience with building scripted solutions.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top