(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced sound designer and implementation expert to join our existing team of sound designers at Facebook. Candidates must have a passion for sound, and a demonstrated history of innovative sound design. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with the drive to break new ground. Candidates must have the ability to collaborate closely with other team members and product teams, so very strong communication skills are required. Experience shipping world class products with unique, functional and emotive sound is also required.
- Design and implement custom sound for various products and initiatives.
- Collaborate closely with existing team members to create unique sonic experiences using sound and music.
- Contribute to every stage of product audio development, from ideation to post-ship maintenance.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- 2+ years of professional sound design and sound implementation experience.
- Experience with game engines and audio middleware (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Wwise, FMOD).
- Experience with building scripted solutions.
- Understanding of music theory.
- Experience developing positional audio for VR.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top