Sound Design, Intern/Co-op
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for sound design interns to join our existing team of sound designers at Facebook. Candidates must have a passion for sound, and a history of innovative sound design. The role combines functional sound design thinking and execution with the drive to break new ground. Candidates must demonstrate the ability to collaborate closely with other team members and product groups, so strong communication skills are required.
- Design custom sound for various products and initiatives
- Collaborate closely with existing team members to create unique sonic experiences using sound
- Assist in driving projects to completion
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment and collaborate with teams in other offices
- Prior sound design, sound/audio engineering, recording, game audio and/or music production experience
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates sound design experience
- Proficiency in Pro Tools and related audio software
- Design, development and release of audio content on mobile platforms
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Link to portfolio or demo reel
- Pursuing a BA/BS degree or equivalent in a design related field
- Graduation dates of Fall 2018 or anytime in 2019, 2020, or 2021
- Ability to obtain work authorization in the United States in 2018
- Previous sound design experience
- Working knowledge of audio design software
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top