Solutions Manager, Infra Connectivity Programs
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Connectivity is one of Facebook's long term objectives. Our team is working to connect the nearly 4B unserved people and improve Internet experience for another 1.5B who live on 2G speeds. The Infra Connectivity team is focused on developing new technologies, working with telecom partners around the world to build higher capacity and more efficient networks, and using data and open source technologies to enable broader telecom ecosystem. The Solutions Management team is responsible for identifying product-to-market fit for Connectivity solutions, including new technologies and systems. The team is expected to work cross functionally, working closely with our engineering teams and also with our market-facing program teams. Team members are expected to thrive in a continually evolving and often ambiguous environment, achieve aggressive objectives without direct authority within a diverse, flat organizational structure, and have a passion for the Connectivity Mission vs. just for the job described below.
- Identify Product-to-Market fit for Connectivity solutions including new technologies and architectures.
- Develop product and market requirements documents, leveraging market intelligence, in-depth knowledge on the state of the market and new developments, and by performing business and cost analysis
- Build trusted and highly effective working relationships across a range of Facebook teams including engineering, vendor, policy/regulatory and market facing program teams
- Demonstrate thought leadership and influence technical and business stakeholders across all management levels both internally and externally
- Moderate domestic and international business travel (10-25% per year)
- BA/BS in related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Advanced degrees, including MBA
- 4+ years of wireless product management experience at a connectivity-related company or on a related project.
- Technical knowledge and background.
- Understanding of all aspects of the mobile and telecommunications industries.
- Experience engaging with senior executives at telecom partners and technology companies.
- Led at-scale projects with global operators, including early phases (e.g. prototyping) through ramp-up and market introduction.
- Experience working within fast-paced Internet companies and technical environments.
- Knowledgeable in business, marketing and technical issues with the ability to learn / fill in any gaps.
- Organizational, business development and analytical skills including demonstrated technical ability.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top