Solutions Engineering Manager, Central Europe
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook seeks a Solutions Engineering Manager for the Central Europe region to be based out of our Berlin, Germany office. At Facebook, Solutions Engineers are creative problem solvers who strive to reconcile business challenges using various technologies to create effective marketing solutions.This unique role is part of a small client facing engineering team working with Businesses, Marketing Partners & Agencies across Europe to help integrate Facebook in their products and services. Solutions Engineers embed themselves in the businesses of their partners providing technical consultation on various Facebook technologies related to Advertising, Pages, Platform & Mobile. The teams sits at the crossroads between various organizations like core engineering, product & marketing helping facilitate communication but also helping bring ideas from the market to life. This niche team has become a critical function at Facebook, not only to ensure the success of our partners on the platform but also to prototype opportunities we identify whilst interacting with clients. Collaborating deeply with clients to solve difficult problems, you will help build solutions to achieve business objectives such as performance marketing and brand awareness.
Last year, Solutions Engineers contributed hundreds of thousands of lines of code to the Facebook codebase helping improve its marketing platform. Solutions Engineers are Software Engineers with a strong passion for partner interaction and a good sense of business, striving to help advertisers become better marketers. They contribute to creating delightful experiences for consumers making marketing more relevant and effectively driving more business for their clients.
- People management, leading a team of Solutions Engineers
- Hands on coding for ~50% of time in a variety of languages, primarily C/C++ and PHP
- Deeply understand the Business ecosystem, identify problems and solutions for Businesses
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform and provide consultative guidance to Businesses and ecosystem
- Manage relationship with product teams & decision makers at businesses
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
- Handle support escalations
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Previous experience as a software engineer, solutions architect or partner/sales engineer
- Previous experience as a people manager or lead
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the Facebook APIs, ad tech, and experience building mobile apps
- Fluency in written & spoken German and English language
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top