Solutions Engineer, Mobile
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
At Facebook, Solutions Engineers are creative problem solvers who strive to reconcile business challenges using various technologies to create effective marketing solutions. Our team is looking for high performance full-stack engineers with an entrepreneurial mindset. As a Solutions Engineer, you will lead the advertising industry by building new solutions and enabling partners to realize the full potential of those solutions. You will write production-grade code for Facebook Ads products in collaboration with product engineering teams. This role will allow you to apply your passion for problem solving and consult clients on creating and executing an ad-tech strategy. This unique role is part of a small client facing engineering team working with Businesses, Marketing Partners & Agencies across Europe, Middle East and Africa to help integrate Facebook in their products and services. Solutions Engineers embed themselves in the businesses of their partners providing technical consultation on various Facebook technologies related to Advertising, Pages, Platform & Mobile. The teams sits at the crossroads between various organizations like core engineering, product & marketing helping facilitate communication but also helping bring ideas from the market to life. This niche team has become a critical function at Facebook, not only to ensure the success of our partners on the platform but also to prototype opportunities we identify whilst interacting with clients. Collaborating deeply with clients to solve difficult problems, you will help build solutions to achieve business objectives such as performance marketing and brand awareness.
Last year, Solutions Engineers contributed hundreds of thousands of lines of code to the Facebook codebase helping improve its marketing platform. Solutions Engineers are Software Engineers with a strong passion for partner interaction and a good sense of business, striving to help advertisers become better marketers. They contribute to creating delightful experiences for consumers making marketing more relevant and effectively driving more business for their clients.
- Ship reliable, scalable, efficient code to millions of advertisers, serving up ads to billions of users
- Build new products and improve existing ones in collaboration with Facebook Product Engineering Teams
- Understand our client's business
- Identify unique problems and unlock opportunities through bespoke technology solutions
- Influence the road map and product development of Facebook Ads to meet our client's business challenges and align with Facebook's business objectives
- Have a strong consultative approach, with an ability to identify industry problems and resolve those for key businesses
- Help product teams understand the need for new solutions and help to progress solutions from Alpha to production.
- Increase market knowledge and technical expertise of Facebook products including Ads API, Pages, Platform.
- Manage relationships with advertiser marketing, product and engineering team
- BA/BS/BEng in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Previous or current experience as a software engineer, solutions architect or partner/sales engineer
- Native mobile app or SDK development experience greatly desired (Android or iOS)
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- Solid software development skills with experience building software developed in Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the Facebook APIs, ad tech, and experience building mobile apps
- Competitive Salary including the following benefits apply: Medical Benefits Dental Benefits Vision Benefits Pension Benefits Life Assurance Childcare Benefits Gym Benefits Transport benefits Laundry Benefit Start date: 31st July 2018 Closing date: 28th August 2018 The role is in London UK
Back to top