Solutions Engineer - Marketing Intelligence
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is looking for exceptionally talented and experienced engineer to join the GMS solutions engineering team in Menlo Park, California, or Austin, Texas. Our team provides scaled insights for our advertisers globally, and partners with key stakeholders in Facebook including sales, Market Science, Product Marketing, Marketing, enterprise BI, engineering, Sales IT, product and Infra teams.
Successful candidates will have strong technical experience in building medium-to-large enterprise applications and a demonstrate the ability to work with a small team of developers/engineers. You have kept your coding skills sharp and will bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment, and for finding innovative, end-to-end engineering solutions to complex business problems. In this role, your work will broadly influence the company's data consumers and analysts. You will get the opportunity to work with focused and scaled objectives in a company that has some of the most challenging problems to tackle. The role is a full-time position, based in Menlo Park, CA or Austin, TX.
- Highly technical, hands-on solutions engineer with a focus on data analytics and data processing
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable internal and external stakeholders consume and understand data faster
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understanding business requirements, work with cross-functional data and products teams and building efficient and scalable solutions
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have end-to-end view of the solution
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of internal and external applications
- BS in Computer Science or Engineering or related fields with 2+ years of work experience
- Experience developing business applications (sales, marketing, recruiting, advertising, etc.)
- 3+ years of business intelligence and data warehouse experience
- Experience in writing SQL queries, dimensional data modeling and schema design
- Experience communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience managing concurrent projects and driving initiatives in a cross-functional environment
- Knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top