Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
At Facebook, Solutions Engineers are creative problem solvers who strive to reconcile business challenges using various technologies to create effective marketing solutions. This unique role is part of a small client facing engineering team working with Businesses, Marketing Partners & Agencies across Asia to help integrate Facebook in their products and services. Solutions Engineers embed themselves in the businesses of their partners, providing technical consultation on various Facebook technologies related to Advertising, Pages, Platform & Mobile. This team sits at the crossroads between various organizations like core engineering, product & marketing to help facilitate communication but also help to bring ideas from the market to life. This niche team has become a critical function at Facebook, not only to ensure the success of our partners on the platform but also to prototype opportunities we identify whilst interacting with clients. Collaborating deeply with clients to solve difficult problems, you will help build solutions to achieve business objectives such as performance marketing and brand awareness. Last year, Solutions Engineers contributed hundreds of thousands of lines of code to the Facebook codebase to help improve it’s marketing platform. Solutions Engineers are Software Engineers with a strong passion for partner interaction and a good sense of business, striving to help advertisers become better marketers. They contribute to creating delightful experiences for consumers making marketing more relevant and effectively driving more business for their clients. This position is based out of our Hong Kong office.
- Deeply understand the Business ecosystem, identify problems and solutions for Businesses
- Define technology strategies for achieving technology adoption goals within the APAC market
- Implement those strategies with help from other teams
- Hands on coding for ~50% of time in a variety of languages, primarily Java/Objective-C/Swift and PHP
- Build technical expertise in Facebook products including mobile SDKs, Marketing API, Pages and provide consultative guidance to Businesses and ecosystem
- Manage relationships with product teams & decision makers at businesses
- Help launch products including supporting Alpha and Beta programs
- 6+ years of experience in software development
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin
- Previous experience as a software engineer, consultant or partner/sales engineer
- Deep understanding of a iOS or Android platform and development stack and experience building large scale apps on at least one of the platforms
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to a technical and business audiences
- Proficient in a Unix/Linux environment
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 20% of time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of the Facebook APIs, ad tech, and experience building mobile apps
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top