Solutions Architect, Express Wi Fi Internet.org
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As a Solutions Architect, you will work closely with the Business and Partnerships teams, pitching Express Wi-Fi to new potential ISP partners, and solving technical challenges for existing partners. You will use your deep understanding of the system and the needs of partners, working with the Product and Engineering teams to improve the overall product experience. You will also drive various initiatives to scale Express Wi-Fi and make it easier to adopt. For example, by developing documentation and representing Facebook at industry events and conferences. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to make our partners successful and improve the Express Wi-Fi product. This position is full time and is based in our Menlo Park office.
- Deeply understand the various Facebook platforms, the Express Wi-Fi solution architecture and integration components.
- Engage with potential customers to understand their business objectives and demonstrate the value proposition of Express Wi-Fi.
- Deliver customized pre-sales technical presentation and product demonstrations to potential partners.
- Assist in the development of RFP responses and drive to close new opportunities
- Identify key system architecture components, propose and help partners build solutions that unblock deployments.
- Write documentation and develop best practices to help partners get the most out of using the system.
- Develop standards and work closely with the Integration Engineering team to improve deployment and integration processes.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree/experience in technical fields with computer applications.
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical consultant, partner/sales/solutions engineer or solutions architect in the IT/telco industry.
- Past experience in telecommunications system architecture, computer networks design or solution architecture/integration of systems.
- Ability to pick up software, frameworks and APIs.
- Knowledge of internet service architectures (such as load balancing, LAMP, CDN’s), even if you haven’t worked on one.
- Knowledge and experience building architectures with applications such as Apache, memcached, Squid, MySQL, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP.
- Communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences.
- Ability to travel.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top