Software Technical Program Manager (Oculus)
(Menlo Park, CA)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
As a Software Technical Program Manager at Oculus, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features. You will lead execution on all phases of the software development lifecycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs
- Manage communication within and between software, hardware, and computer vision teams
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Hardware/Software integration experience in a consumer electronics environment.
- An understanding of software development processes and best practices
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams
- Up to 15% travel
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top