Software Technical Program Manager
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense and we're just getting started. Come work alongside the team creating the technology to make VR and AR pervasive and universal, driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. As part of the VR Devices SW TPM team you will lead development of software features, experiences and milestones for our upcoming VR products and guide the cross-functional teams through key milestones. You will also be responsible for identifying and tracking key performance indicators and SW features and performance for the product. You will essentially own the overall SW schedule and set execution goals for each milestone. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual with a passion for user experience and has professional experience building complex, user-centric consumer products.
SOFTWARE TECHNICAL PROGRAM MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own the end-to-end delivery of software features for our next generation VR devices.
- Understand product requirements, technical challenges, business needs, and develop a plan for delivering features that meet the requirements.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Manage communication with engineering, product and marketing teams. Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project status, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Hold teams accountable for quality and timelines of software deliverables.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and available for staff and leadership review.
- Own status updates and reporting to executives.
- Up to 10% travel.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a Technical program manager or product manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Knowledge of software development processes and best practices.
- Experience managing launch or commercialization of one or more software or consumer products.
- Experience managing and overseeing multiple on-going initiatives simultaneously. Experience operating autonomously and to drive and set goals for multiple teams.
- Cross-functional communication and collaboration experience.
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
Back to top