Software Technical Program Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook’s mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. We are looking for an experienced Software Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for planning and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collecting business and technical requirements from various stakeholders, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate technical design/implementation efforts between multiple internal teams. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams.The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in mobile and web application development. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Planning and delivering large projects end-to-end.
- Collecting business and technical requirements from various stakeholders, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch.
- You will lead and coordinate technical design/implementation efforts between multiple internal teams.
- You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in technical program management.
- Experience managing projects in large scale mobile or web applications
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
- Proven ability to take complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, and deliver them in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java, PHP or C/C++.
- Experience with Machine Learning related projects
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top