Software Technical Program Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Building 8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team applies DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It operates on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. We are looking for an experienced Software Technical Program Manager who will be responsible for planning and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include collecting business and technical requirements from various stakeholders, writing specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. You will lead and coordinate technical design/implementation efforts between multiple internal teams. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional teams.The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in mobile and web application development. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As a TPM, you will anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Scope and deliver large-scale projects end-to-end.
- Understanding requirements from internal and external stakeholders, communicating requirements, develop and drive project schedules and manage the launch.
- Coordinate development efforts across internal teams and partners.
- Make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time to market.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in technical program management.
- 3+ years of coding experience in Java, PHP or C/C++.
- Experience managing projects in large-scale mobile or web applications
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
- Proven ability to take complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, and deliver them in a timely manner.
- Communication skills.
- Experience with Machine Learning related projects.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top