Software Program Manager (Oculus)
Careers at Oculus
Part of Facebook
The Oculus team at Facebook builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Facebook has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense—and we're just getting started. Oculus Research is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body. As a Software Program Manager at Oculus, you will play a key role in defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional features. You will lead execution on all phases of the software development lifecycle, planning requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
- Develop project schedules based on product requirements, technical challenges, and business needs.
- Manage communication within and between software, hardware, and computer vision teams.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate project statuses, and identify/address potential setbacks.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and product development processes in a quickly-changing and dynamic environment.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables including specifications and test plans.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Engage with cross-functional teams to identify constraints, dependencies, risks/issues, and to deliver software features.
- Identify resources needed and work closely with the team leads to maintain full visibility of multiple projects, ensuring resource gaps are addressed efficiently.
- BSc in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years experience as a program manager working in a cross-functional software development environment.
- Hardware/Software integration experience in a consumer electronics or robotics environment.
- An understanding of software development processes and best practices.
- Knowledge with project and issue tracking systems.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously across multiple teams.
- Up to 20% travel.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top