Software Frameworks Manager, Building 8
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we're just getting started.
Building8 brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The B8 team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses. The Product Launch Team has the responsibility for taking breakthroughs and delivering them to market at scale. Building8 seeks a Software Frameworks Manager responsible for developing and driving a high-level strategy for building both Application and UI Frameworks and taking a hands-on approach to implementing that strategy.
- Build, mentor and manage a team of engineers responsible for application and UI frameworks.
- Work closely with product management, application software engineers and partners to design, develop, and debug software frameworks.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the framework team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with shipping quality consumer electronics products.
- NPI experience and/or a demonstrated ability to ship first-of products is important to the role.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top