Software Engineering Manager, Spatial Computing
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the worldâ€™s most creative and experienced engineering leaders who have also kept their technical skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment. We are looking for leaders who can shape advanced geo-spatial data visualization tools and models to improve the lives of people around the world in different aspects: craft advanced tools for network planning guiding Facebook's rural connectivity efforts, provide critical data and tooling to assist in natural disaster relief and provide actionable insights for a variety of geographical trends.
- Be both a highly technical influencer able to hands-on code and be an effective people manager
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive hybrid engineering and data science efforts
- Lead technical discussion with conviction, be a subject matter expert and have strategic influence
- Drive product design, scoping and project management.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, including hands-on technical management
- Experience recruiting hybrid technical teams and managing performance
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years working on GIS tools or related systems
- Experience with Machine Learning and optimization algorithms
Back to top