Software Engineering Manager - Sigma
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
The Integrity Infrastructure team provides technology that enables teams at Facebook to proactively prevent abuse across the Facebook family of products. One of our key abuse fighting technologies is Sigma (https://code.facebook.com/posts/745068642270222/fighting-spam-with-haskell/), our large-scale classification platform, which proactively identifies malicious actions on Facebook such as spam, phishing attempts, etc.
In this role, you will interact and collaborate with all parts of the company to solve integrity related problems, understand their needs and build the best products to support unifying our classification infrastructure.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class infrastructure.
- Drive internal customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Be both highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective people manager.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day to day software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- Demonstrated experience managing technical teams.
- Experience working on abuse detection, risk or security products
Back to top