Software Engineering Manager (Seattle & Bellevue)
- Bellevue, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your technical skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
As we continue to scale, we are seeking various levels of Engineering Leaders across our Seattle and Bellevue offices, who have led high-performing engineering teams.
- Be both a highly technical and effective people manager
- Lead a team building new product experiences or infrastructure systems/services
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Bachelor in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 or more years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Experience recruiting and managing engineering teams, including performance management
- 5+ years coding experience in one of the following languages: Objective-C, C, C++, Java, and/or PHP
- 5+ years of software engineering work experience, including hands-on technical management
Back to top