Software Engineering Manager - Enterprise Team
- New York, NY
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is in search of the world's most creative and experienced engineering leaders. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Our Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your technical skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you'll be managing a full stack team of software engineers, partnering with a broad range of cross functional collaborators - product managers, designers, UX researchers, content strategists, data scientists, data engineers, and more. Your team owns our Knowledge Base product, running mission critical parts of our business. This product helps people across the company (and across the globe) quickly get to the right piece of knowledge that will help them do their job. It also enables experts to easily capture and organize that knowledge so that domain experts themselves can focus on their domain, rather than trying to become knowledge management zealots. Your team iterates and innovates on ways general purpose knowledge management can be tuned by non-technical teams to support their complex and scaled business processes, driving productivity and ease of use while still providing the rigor and robustness required by the most demanding customers.
The team is fairly new, but fully staffed with a diverse set of skills, backgrounds, and strengths. Your support for their learning and growth will not only help them become their best selves, but will also afford them and the team with greater opportunity for more impact, supporting your own growth as you develop your leadership bench.
- Be a combination of a highly-technical hands-on software engineer and an effective people manager.
- Recruit, inspire, and develop team members.
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts.
- Work together with product management and UX design teams to design and develop front-end interfaces, underlying APIs and backend systems across different programming languages.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability and security of business applications and in-house systems to help scale the company.
- 5 or more years of experience with software engineering
- 5 or more years of experience with technical leadership
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
Back to top