Software Engineering Manager
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebook AI, deployed in literally every service, is a very fast growing area, with unprecedented opportunity. Come work alongside many AI teams to enable high-performance, accelerated AI, at a very large-scale. Join the adventure of a lifetime, build disruptive technologies and make an impact on billions of people.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager to lead our accelerated AI team. This group is responsible for evaluating and developing new core technologies that can lead to significant improvements in processing capacity and reduced power consumption on various AI services.
This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Own the roadmap to develop new algorithmic, numerical and system technologies to significantly surpass performance and energy efficiencies of todayâ€™s solutions
- Build and lead a team of work-class experts to execute on the above roadmap
- Collaborate closely with our internal AI teams, such as vision, ranking and language to deliver on the major improvements in processing power and energy efficiency on their AI models
- Domestic travel is required
- 10+ years of experience in the area of performance optimization, modeling, analysis and simulation, novel processor architectures, and machine learning. This should include:
- - 7+ years of experience in aspect of high-performance computing, software and system architecture.
- - 7+ years of experience in processor design and software cycle accurate performance simulation.
- Knowledge of the evolving AI software and hardware, including frameworks, and accelerator space.
- Knowledge of computational bottlenecks that limit performance of learning workloads and numerical and architectural techniques to address them.
- 10+ years of experience in leading groups to develop and deliver novel solution.
- Experience in creating strategic partnerships with internal teams and industry players.
- Communication experience and demonstrated experience to cross multi-disciplinary boundaries to deliver system solutions.
Back to top