Software Engineering Manager, Connectivity Programs
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is actively expanding global access to the Internet through driving internet.org and our own Infra Connectivity Programs. The Connectivity Lab projects are building new lower-layer networking technologies to provide cost-efficient access around the world. These projects require networking software, not unlike the kind we write for our data centers, backbone, and edge networks. We are moving aggressively to bring these new technologies into production, leveraging as many best practices from our networking and infra software portfolio, and actively creating many new systems and algorithms along the way. Managing and growing this new team will require someone with a broad skill set/experience, covering driver/device software, server-side management and control systems, and general access networking knowledge. Vision and adaptability are a must as you help drive these new projects toward production. Generally, we embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. Software Engineering Managers are clearly characterized by progressive technical experience and demonstrated progression in management responsibility. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
- Be a highly technical manager with deep experience in networking, systems, and software:
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Help define and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new information and re-prioritizing as needed
- Partner with hardware platform groups, network engineering, and other software infrastructure groups
- Be an effective people manager:
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and on-boarding new employees
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- 5+ years experience managing a networking-related software engineering team
- Experience in developing/delivering software for networking devices/appliances (driver/firmware, hardware dependent/independent layers, platform/system management) and in deploying those devices, ideally with Wi-Fi or other wireless background
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management and managing engineers experience
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Communications skills and detail-oriented
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top