Software Engineering Manager, AI Compiler
- Bellevue, WA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
In order to further the state-of-the-art in AI/ML, the AI Compiler team, has been developing a comprehensive PyTorch AI Compiler strategy that delivers a highly flexible platform to explore new model architectures, combined with auto-tuned high performance for production environments across a wide range of hardware architectures. We actively engage with the community through publications, open source software, participation in technical conferences and workshops, and collaborations with academia. Facebook AI researchers and engineers work from our offices around the globe.Facebook builds systems that allow more than a billion people all over the world to connect and communicate using whatever devices they have available. Our systems need to be scalable, fast, reliable, and efficient in order to provide a great user experience. The compiler and runtime layer is a crucial system that can affect performance, efficiency and deployment velocity in both training and inference. In order to further the state of the art in AI/ML, the AI Compiler team, has been developing a comprehensive PyTorch AI Compiler strategy that delivers a highly flexible platform to explore new model architectures, combined with auto-tuned high performance for production environments across a wide range of hardware architectures.
- Growing a strong team of domain experts focused on a focused mission within AI Compiler and PyTorch.
- Communicate, collaborate effectively and building relationships with clients and peer teams to facilitate cross-functional projects.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Develop vision, strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- Knowledge of language design, compiler optimizers, backend code generators.
- Experience operating in a fast-moving environment where the workloads evolve at a rapid pace.
- Experience managing a team of at least 10 compiler engineers of varied skill levels.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, building, structuring, leading technical organizations, including performance management.
- Experience with compiler architecture, particularly dynamic language compilers or HPC compilers or ML compilers.
- Experience in code generation targeting machine learning accelerators, GPUs and CPUs.
- Knowledge of ML frameworks like PyTorch, TensorFlow, MXNet.
Back to top