Software Engineering Manager
- Menlo Park, CA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) AR Hardware team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future products. The team is responsible for rapidly building and iterating on high-fidelity prototypes and development platforms for product development.
As an Engineering Manager, you will lead, manage, and inspire engineering teams developing platform for FRL. As a hands-on leader, you'll help the team fulfill technical, operational, and business requirements. You'll guide architecture and delivery of software products. The ideal candidate will be able to solve complex technical challenges while delivering great consumer software products focused on incredible customer experiences.
- Help build and lead great software teams to deliver world-class products.
- Drive customer experience, continually raising the bar on functionality, usability, and simplicity.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
- Establish a solid project framework and development processes.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global hardware and software engineering teams.
- Operate strategically and tactically. Work on strategy and help set direction while staying on top of the day-to-day software development.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- 5+ years of professional experience architecting, developing, and shipping software products and/or services.
- 5+ years of experience managing cross-functional engineering teams.
- 5+ years experience C++.
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- Experience thriving in a dynamic environment where goals and requirements may be changing.
- Experience working with embedded or system software.
- Experience architecting and designing data management and processing pipelines and/or real-time telemetry systems.
Back to top