Software Engineering Manager
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas â€" making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. We want the most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join us in making the world more open and connected. We embrace entrepreneurs as well as those who come from more established organizations. We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, sharp coding skills, and a passion for managing outstanding managers and engineers in a fast-paced environment.
- Bootstrap and grow a system scoped to handle a billion plus users
- Be both technically hands-on and people manager
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and onboarding new employees
- Collaborate with and influence leadership so that your teamâ€™s work directly impacts engineering strategy
- Help engineers develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Experience being technical, hands-on and a people manager for technical teams
- Experience leading, technically-challenging, cross-functional infrastructure projects from conception to end
- Experience with Unix internals (especially FreeBSD and Linux)
- Experience with multi-node cluster handling live traffic
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with network programming
- Experience building and scaling distributed available systems
- 8+ years of work experience in software engineering, including 3+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience of software engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, work experience)
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Global Marketing Lead, Facebook Blueprint
As the marketing lead for Facebook’s Blueprint program, Lauren focuses on building awareness around the program and the adoption of education and training by businesses and advertisers.
Back to top