Software Engineer, VROS SWE
- Pittsburgh, PA
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) brings together a world-class, cross-discipline R&D team with the shared goal of developing the next generation of AR and VR technologies for telepresence. Join us on the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. We're looking for someone to help with the software and firmware development for AOSP (Android Open Source Project) on standalone head-mounted system prototypes - a successful candidate needs to have a solid understanding of the inner workings of Android, mobile embedded system architecture, sensor interfacing, and be an expert in software engineering with C and C++. The candidate must also have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with a multidisciplinary team.
- Capture hardware architecture from schematics and write software at all levels of AOSP, including embedded firmware, drivers, middleware services, HAL, bootloaders and apps.
- Maintain and customize a variant of AOSP.
- Design and build mobile device software infrastructure and applications in C, C++, and C#.
- Improve performance and power efficiency of applications running on the system.
- Develop tooling for debugging, instrumenting and shipping native code on Android.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the software team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in embedded Linux driver development.
- 3+ years of experience in data-heavy app development and optimization with C, C++ on mobile.
- Solid knowledge of computer architecture, especially with mobile embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience with SPI, I2C, I2S, MIPI, PCIe, USB, Bluetooth, and WiFi.
- Hands-on experience with Qualcomm System-on-Chip (SoC).
- Understanding of software engineering principles, and modern C, C++ in general.
- Experience with shipping high-quality Android-based consumer electronics.
- Hands-on experience working with audio and video data on mobile embedded systems.
- Hands-on experience with FPGA.
Back to top