Software Engineer, Video Presence Media Team
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Portal brings together world-class experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software, and content. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. The Portal team will apply DARPA-style breakthrough development at the intersection of ambitious science and product development. It will operate on aggressive, fixed timelines, with extensive use of partnerships in universities, small and large businesses.
- Work closely with calling team to understand features, operation, and specify enhancements to WebRTC framework.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy WebRTC framework and applications.
- Work with Application and Platform teams to debug functional, performance, and stability issues across the stack.
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews for the framework team.
- Documentation that helps the team to scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in Linux or BSD development, especially with regards to the networking and media (audio/video) stacks.
- Network experience, including protocol design and congestion control.
- Experience with android frameworks development.
- Direct experience working with WebRTC or a comparable media stack.
- Knowledge of video, audio, and networking frameworks.
- Experience writing maintainable code with test coverage.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication and inter-personal skills.
Back to top