Software Engineer - Trust and Safety
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook is where people connect, and in recent years more people have been using Facebook to connect in another way: buying and selling with each other. This activity started in Facebook Groups and has grown substantially. More than 450 million people visit buy and sell groups each month — from families in a local neighborhood to collectors around the world.
To help people make more of these connections, we built Marketplace, a convenient destination to discover, buy and sell items with people in your community. Marketplace makes it easy to find new things you'll love, and find a new home for the things you're ready to part with.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer with background in fraud prevention to help define a system that will protect users and keep Marketplace a safe place to do business.
This position is full-time and based in our Menlo Park, CA office.
- Provide strong technical and organizational leadership for the Marketplace/Commerce fraud fighting efforts
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts between different organizations
- Be a subject matter expert and drive fraud detection in Marketplace
- Employ the appropriate algorithms to discover patterns of risks and abuse and work closely with Site Integrity/Business Integrity teams at Facebook
- Integrate fraud detection systems into Marketplace Tab, Sale Groups, and Pages with Shops
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of relevant experience in e-commerce/in fraud /risk control functions
- Demonstrated domain experience in fraud and scam detection
- Experience in the commerce domain.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top