Software Engineer, Systems Infrastructure (WhatsApp)
WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. More than 1.5 billion people in over 180 countries use WhatsApp to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp is not only free but also available on multiple mobile devices and in low connectivity areas - making it accessible and reliable wherever you are. It's a simple and secure way to share your favorite moments, send important information or catch up with a friend. WhatsApp helps people connect and share no matter where they are in the world.
Join a world-class engineering-driven company, where you'll have instant impact from day one. WhatsApp has an open culture and flat organization. As a member of our engineering team you will tackle challenging issues of scale, reliability and security while delivering a delightful, simple user experience to a global user base. If you love writing code, hate tons of meetings, then come talk to us.
The Software Engineering (Infrastructure) team builds large distributed components that run WhatsApp supporting 1.5B MAU. Our code serves millions of requests per second and it does so with sub-second latency and in a fault tolerant manner.
- Write clean, awesome and bug free Erlang, C or C++ server code
- Develop system monitoring and instrumentation tools
- Design core, backend software components
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Work with multi-node cluster handling live traffic
- Scale Erlang powered servers to handle millions of users
- Experience building and scaling distributed, highly available systems.
- 2+ years experience in Erlang, C or Python Programming.
- 1+ years experience building server applications.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Unix internals.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, experience with network programming.
Back to top