Software Engineer, Systems
(London, United Kingdom)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
A person in this role will build the systems that allow us to ingest, sanitise, and normalise diverse datasets into meaningful structured data and connections within the social graph. If you’re excited by the idea of building out a richly connected knowledge graph and augmenting it with services that allow us to create great product experiences built on top of data, you might be the person we’re looking for.
- Build infrastructure that enables us to scale our knowledge graph and quickly expand into new domains
- Work with product teams to deliver great experiences built on top of data
- Monitor and reduce duplicate entities across the graph (and web)
- Increase the amount of metadata we have about each entities and the connections between them
- Improve graph quality by building systems that select and surface the best available data
- Build tools that allow us to understand and track the quality of the graph over time
- Passion for building a world-class entity graph that supports products used by over 1 billion people
- Burning desire to help people discover the world around them and connect to the things they are interested in
- Experience with Hadoop/Hbase/Hive a plus
- Knowledge of PHP or Python a plus
- B.S. or M.S. In Computer Science or related field or Ph.D. a plus
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top