Software Engineer, Source Control
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities â€" we're just getting started.
Facebookâ€™s Source Control team is seeking an experienced software engineer with expertise in Rust or a similar systems programming language, to build and improve our next generation source control server. You will help design and extend Mononoke, our highly scalable source control server, optimised for serving massive monolithic repositories. Your work will be a critical part of the daily workflow of thousands of Facebook employees.
As a successful candidate, you will lead a team of engineers working on Mononoke, identify new use cases that Mononoke unlocks, and be instrumental in open-sourcing Mononoke and helping others across the industry to adopt it. Mononoke is written in Rust, so experience in Rust is desirable. A love of data structures and algorithms is a must. We are looking for someone who loves solving hard problems at scale.
- Proactively develop server-side source control software in Rust
- Lead improvements to underlying Rust code base
- Work with other teams at Facebook to realise the full potential of a highly scalable source control server
- Open source your work and help others across the industry to adopt it
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with systems programming at scale
- Strong communication skills
- Experience with Rust
- Experience working on distributed source control software
Back to top