Software Engineer - Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
As an experienced software engineer working within the Social VR Team at Facebook, you’ll architect and build the social virtual reality experiences that will define the future of online social interaction. You’ll help deliver key products and systems across multiple disciplines. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with games/graphics industry background and a passion for virtual reality.
- Participation in strategic implementation planning for proposed Social VR project(s)
- Contribution and collaboration in the design of various Social VR projects
- Identify technical requirements and assist in project planning of the execution of a variety of Social VR projects across multiple VR platforms
- Individual contribution to the development of Social VR projects
- Engage with FB teams to understand and utilize FB graph and features within Social VR projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Demonstrated experience shipping products
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.)
- C++ and C# programming experience
- Some combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming experience
- Unity 3D
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top