Software Engineer - Social VR
(Menlo Park, CA)
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
As an experienced software engineer working within the Social VR Team at Facebook, you'll architect and build the social virtual reality experiences that will define the future of online social interaction. You'll help deliver key products and systems across multiple disciplines. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer with games/graphics industry background and a passion for virtual reality.
- Participation in strategic implementation planning for proposed Social VR project(s)
- Contribution and collaboration in the design of various Social VR projects
- Identify technical requirements and assist in project planning of the execution of a variety of Social VR projects across multiple VR platforms
- Individual contribution to the development of Social VR projects
- Engage with FB teams to understand and utilize FB graph and features within Social VR projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field
- Demonstrated experience shipping products
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with other teams to incorporate their innovations and vice versa
- Thrives in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.)
- C++ and C# programming experience
- Some combination of Windows, Android, and game console programming experience
- Unity 3D
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top