Software Engineer, Search Ranking
Facebook Search puts people and their stories at the center. It lets you tap into the global conversation about something that's happening in the world, and helps you find people's stories and their perspectives. People use Facebook search over 1.5B times a day, searching over 1.5 billion people and trillion pieces of shared content, e.g. posts, photos, videos, and links. The goal of the search ranking/NLP team is to assist the users to complete their intents, and to provide the most relevant and personalized set of results for these intents and unlock this wealth of information that exists on Facebook. We develop ranking algorithms that are a three way optimization between the query, searcher, and the content. We are investing and growing in almost every area that generates signals and contributes to this optimization - query and intent understanding, natural language processing, deriving ranking features from Facebook graph, content and user engagement. We use state of the art machine learning algorithms to combine thousands of these features into the production ranking models to generate the relevant search results at scale.
SOFTWARE ENGINEER, SEARCH RANKING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Indexing and feature engineering for people, entities, posts, photos, videos and more
- Trending topics detection and ranking.
- Natural language processing for query and document understanding at Facebook scale.
- Machine learning infrastructure and platform for search ranking.
- Ranking quality evaluation and data analysis.
- Large-scale backend services and product integration
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field with 5+ years of applied ranking or machine learning experience, or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field
- Background in Machine Learning
- Programming experience in C, C++, Java or Python
- Experience with Information Retrieval, Ranking Systems, Recommendation Systems or Artificial Intelligence
- Knowledge of map-reduce/Hadoop
- Knowledge of distributed systems
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com .
RELATED JOB OPENINGS
- Manager, Software Engineering, AR/VR - Portal Kernel and Connectivity
Menlo Park, CA
- Research Intern, AI System Code Design
Menlo Park, CA + 2 More
- Research Intern, Calibra
Menlo Park, CA + 1 More
- Research Scientist, Systems and Infrastructure (PhD)
Menlo Park, CA + 4 More
- Software Engineer, Compiler
Menlo Park, CA
- Visualization Engineer
Menlo Park, CA
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Requests sent to this email address that do not pertain to disability or religious accommodations cannot be answered.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.
Back to top