Software Engineer, Search
(Menlo Park, CA – Seattle, WA)
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to share, and make the world more open and connected. Through our growing family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that helps billions of people around the world connect and share what matters most to them. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to make the world more open and accessible. Connecting the world takes every one of us—and we’re just getting started.
Facebook Search puts people and their stories at the center. It lets you tap into the global conversation about something that’s happening in the world, and helps you find people’s stories and their perspectives. People use Facebook search over 1.5B times a day, searching over 1.5 billion people and trillion pieces of shared content, e.g. posts, photos, videos, and links. If you are psyched about building one of the largest distributed inverted index in the world, making it more scalable and reliable every day, relentlessly improving its efficiency by riding the next big wave of hardware trend, enabling hundreds of experiments in parallel and fast iterations of ranking and product innovation, then this is your dream job – come and join us in our main office at Menlo Park or Seattle.
- You will develop high quality scalable distributed search runtime and automation systems in C++ and Python
- Investigate and debug performance bottleneck across software stack in a live production system
- Optimize the index structure and query execution plan for better runtime query serving efficiency
- Work closely with ranking and frontend engineers to ship novel relevance algorithms and search experiences
- And constantly improve our build, integration, deployment, monitoring process to make us move fast.
- BS or MS Computer Science or related field
- Experience in developing and debugging in C/C++, Python and Java
- Expert knowledge of performance analysis and network programming
- Experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, server architecture
- Experience with continuous build, integration, safe and automatic deployment of large scale services
- Experiences with Hadoop or MapReduce is a plus
- Previous experience with search infrastructure is a plus.
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Sr. Manager, WhatsApp Customer Support & Localization
Cristina manages the WhatsApp customer experience, translating the application into multiple languages and troubleshooting communication services worldwide.
Back to top