Software Engineer, Sapienz
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's Automated Test Design team, Sapienz is seeking a software engineer with expertise in Python and Android/Java to help build and improve our automated test design technology. Sapienz automatically designs system-level tests that simulate user interactions. You will help design and extend Sapienz. Our tools are written in Python and Java. We use FBLearner as a deployment backbone and OneWorld services to supply emulators/devices for test exploration.
- As a successful candidate, you will improve our tools and infrastructure so we catch more crashes and get them fixed faster. This agenda will have with profound and long-lasting impact, not only on Facebook, but also (as we build out Sapienz), on the wider software engineering sector as a whole. We are looking for someone who loves developing scalable infrastructure that makes developers' workflows more productive and their products more robust through smart automation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Python and Java language or relevant development experience.
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for developing automated infra to help developers
- Experience with mobile development (especially Android development) would desirable, but is not essential.
Back to top