Software Engineer, Safety and Security
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.
Facebook's Security team is seeking a passionate engineer to help keep our over 1.7 billion users safe from real world threats. You will help detect potential issues before they escalate by building scalable systems to surface malicious activity and assist investigations by building tools. Have a large impact on real people by protecting them from harm.
- Assist investigations regarding malicious activity on Facebook
- Work full stack to build investigative tools to provide insight into abuse on the platform
- Work closely with community operations and legal to help establish guidelines to keep Facebook safe
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of C++ or Java
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Perl, PHP, or Python)
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL, preferably MySQL
- High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities
Meet Some of Facebook's Employees
Manager, Global Client Solutions
Peipei helps Facebook’s top clients devise solution-based and results-driven social media strategies. She creates strategic partnerships to help people and brands connect in a more meaningful way.
Back to top