Software Engineer, Quality for Portal
- London, United Kingdom
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
The Portal team brings together industry experts to develop and ship groundbreaking products at the intersection of hardware, software and content, that have proven extremely relevant during this global climate. We have a clear mandate to ship products at scale. In particular, seemingly impossible products that define new categories and that advance Facebook's mission of connecting the world. As a Software Engineer for Quality in Facebook's Reality Labs group for Portal, you'll ensure the delivery of world class product quality for our software, hardware and product platforms. Our Software Engineers are composed of one part software/hardware engineer, one part program manager and one part quality assurance engineer. You'll be responsible for building and executing automated testing and infrastructure across multiple products and platforms. The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented engineer with cross-functional skills, has the ability to build great hardware and software products and improve engineering and testing efficiency.
- Lead the planning, development, execution and delivery of QA strategies for Portal Engineering
- Be the feature and technology quality owner, working cross-functionally with partner technology and business teams to answer for product quality
- Design and implement automated test frameworks and tools to fill test gaps
- Create and implement high-quality automated tests to verify release readiness
- Investigate automated test failures to ensure high signal from our automated frameworks
- Support test quality programs and results reporting with various vendors and internal cross functional teams, ensuring accuracy and priority of tests executed and issues found
- Track effectiveness and coverage of automated tests
- Partner with infrastructure and feature engineering teams to ensure automation is fully enabled
- Independently drive goals as a project manager - tracking and reporting on status, escalating risks, and finding solutions to obstacles
- Evangelize and drive a culture of automation quality within Facebook Portal and Facebook Reality Labs by advocating for high quality results and signal through a continuous integration and continuous development pipeline.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience debugging software and/or hardware
- Experience with white box and black box testing
- Knowledge and experience with test methodologies, creating test plans, test cases and debugging
- Experience designing and building automated test frameworks
- Experience with QA strategy development and execution
- Experience reporting progress and results to stakeholders
- Experience working with consumer electronic devices
- Experience with Android Open Source Project (AOSP) product development
Back to top